CONNECT WITH EMPLOYERS
Spring 2024 Career Events
Big 10 Engineering - Diversity & Inclusion Career Event (Virtual)
This event is for organizations interested in strengthening corporate diversity. Companies will have the opportunity to meet face-to-face with members of our diverse student community across the Big10!
Tuesday, Jan 23, 2:00 pm - 7:00 pm via Handshake Virtual platform
Engineering Expo 2024 - 2 Day Event!
Wednesday, Feb 21, 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm - Companies with majority of operations in-state (Michigan)
Thursday, Feb 22, 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm - Companies with majority of operations out-of-state
The purpose of this event is to provide a venue for students to explore paths where their major may lead them from introductory exploratory discussions to internship, co-op, and full-time opportunities!
Engineered in the Mitten (Virtual)
Thursday, Mar 28, 2:00 pm - 7:00 pm via Handshake Virtual platform
This event will highlight opportunities across the state to the engineering students attending Universities throughout the state. Students will be seeking a range of summer and fall internship / co-op experiences, as well as full-time opportunities following graduation across the State of Michigan. NOTE: ONLY Companies located in the State of Michigan and/or that have opportunities for in-state employment will be allowed to register.
Our online recruiting system, Handshake, connects employers with MSU students. Students can research companies, apply for jobs, register for events and send peers questions.
Use the Handshake Guide to get started in the system!
Plus check out our 5 tips for making the most of Handshake!
1. Upload your updated resume This will help you complete your profile + you'll need it to start applying to jobs!
3. Update your privacy preferences to make sure employers can message you and make sure your resume is public.
4. Follow employers and jobs your are interested in. This way you'll get notified of new jobs, application deadlines and event registrations for your top employers.
5. Create Saved Searches to have new jobs emailed to you weekly!
LinkedIn is a great platform to uncover potential Spartan friendly opportunities, to search for jobs, and make connections with people who work in jobs and at companies of interest.
Check out our tips for optimizing LinkedIn.
1. Build your LinkedIn profile. A complete profile makes it easier for recruiters to find you.
2. Build your Job Search Alerts and Job Preferences to receive relevant job postings via email and make it easier for recruiters to find you.
Instructions for creating your Job Search Alerts and Preferences
3. Network like a champion! Read Chapter 8 in WHO Logic to learn how to build a networking and communication plan. You can do this!
OTHER HELPFUL RESOURCES
We frequently distribute resume books to employers that reach out to us. Maximize your odds of finding a co-op by dropping your (updated) resume! Check out the Spring 2024 Co-Op/Intern resume book.
FRAUDULENT JOB POSTINGS
If you have concerns about the legitimacy of a job or internship posting, please contact email@example.com. No legitimate employer will send payment in advance and ask the employee to send a portion of it back. DO NOT provide any personal information especially social security numbers or financial information! Find more tips on avoiding scams here.